Poll

Eng-Rus translation

Translation of a novel
0 (0%)
Translation of a novel
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Translation of a novel  (Read 4351 times)

Greek-Eng-Rus-Ukr

• Bypasser
Translation of a novel
« on: 21 April 2011, 12:26:00 »
Please, advice, how much could it cost to translate a novel from English into Russian (novel for women, very simple text).
The volume is: 75 450 words, 431 187 characters with spaces, 351 494 characters without spaces.
Could you, please, also advice the time frames.
Thanks

SS.

• Veteran
Re: Translation of a novel
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2011, 18:33:16 »
First of all, who will pay you for this job? Is it a foreign, Russian or Ukrainian publishing house?
Are you waiting for a proposal or want to do the translation on your own and sell it to a publishing house?

Greek-Eng-Rus-Ukr

• Bypasser
« Reply #2 on: 04 May 2011, 08:24:23 »
First of all, who will pay you for this job? Is it a foreign, Russian or Ukrainian publishing house?
Are you waiting for a proposal or want to do the translation on your own and sell it to a publishing house?

The translation will be payed by an author who is American. Moreover not only translation itself by proofreading (made by another person) is required. So, I am waiting for a proposal but in the nearest future I can not start translation due to the lack of time. I am thinking of offering it to somebody. 

SS.

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 04 May 2011, 20:21:53 »
You are ready to offer this job to somebody... OK, let's talk in private. ;)

By the way, reliability of the client is the next thing worth attention in such business propositions.